Wanted: Trainee Bloggers
Written by Dan Williams on 22nd December 2018
Vitalize Radio is offering training opportunities for wannabe bloggers/ writers to join our team.
We blog about various topics including Local News, Film & TV, Sport, Food & Drink, Gaming, Events, and more.
Who We Are: Vitalize Radio is a non-profit community media organisation dedicated to offering free training opportunities to the community. We are run solely by volunteers.
Hours and Location: Volunteers can work from the Vitalize Radio office in Torfaen, OR or work from home.
If working from home, we will ask for a short weekly report on work completed.
Volunteers may also set their own schedule as long as projects are completed in a timely manner.
We expect that this position will require about 5 hours per week of work.
We do ask that the volunteer be willing to travel to our office in Torfaen at least once before beginning to meet our team and learn about our social media/ blog workflow.
Duration: Flexible. It’s completely up to you how long you are part of the team for, we can show you how we manage our blogs and leave the rest to you.
Potential Responsibilities Include:
- Research of relevant blog/ social media post topics
- Communication via social media platforms
- Distribution of content to various social media platforms
- Periodic creation of infographics for Facebook posts
- Website Integration
- Passionate about our mission
- Familiar with Twitter and Facebook
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with social media and blog writing in a professional setting
- Experience with Hootsuite or other social media management programs
- Background in communications, writing, fundraising and/or nonprofits
Feel free to get in touch for more info too!