Friday 31st July: Announcement by First Minister
Written by Dan Williams on 31st July 2020
Welsh Government have announced that thanks to all of your efforts, rates of coronavirus in Wales remain low. This means restrictions can be relaxed further and more businesses can be allowed to reopen.
First Minister starts by saying that the sixth review has been completed of Coronavirus restrictions in Wales.
First Minister confirms that the virus continues to be in decline in Wales.
However, he states that the pandemic will NOT be over by Christmas.
Here is a summary of changes to come over the next three weeks:
– From Monday August 3rd, pubs, bars, restraunts cafes will be able to open indoors.
– Restrictions will be relaxed from Monday allowing more people to meet up outdoors.
– Children under 11 will no longer need to keep a 2m distance from each other or from adults.
– From 10th August, Swimming Pools, Indoor Fitness, Swimming Pools, Gyms, Leisure Centres will be allowed to reopen as long as there is no sudden spike in cases.
– Welsh Government will look to allow more friends and family members to meet up indoors if the risk is low enough.
First Minister confirms that Wales is now moving into the green phase of traffic light system.
Mark Drakeford also says that we all need to adapt to the changes for the “new way” of living whether thats booking appointments, social distancing or following strict hygiene routines.
He thanks businesses that have adapted to safely welcome back workers. However, he states that there are a small minority of businesses that are NOT doing what is required by ignoring guidance. WG will take action where they see necessary.