Temporary COVID-19 test centre opens in Pontypool
Written by Dan Williams on 21st December 2020
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is extending the opening of its mobile COVID-19 testing unit in Pontypool.
The temporary unit at the Old Mill car park in Pontypool will provide a walk up testing service to residents of the borough.
If you are feeling generally unwell of have symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) – a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste and/ or smell, please call 119 or book a test online here. Remember, these symptoms can be very mild.
The temporary Covid-19 test centre will open in Pontypool at Old Mill car park, NP4 8AT from tomorrow (21st December).
- The test is done in 5 minutes.
- This test centre is only for residents of Torfaen. Please take ID and proof of address with you.
- You must wear a face covering on the way to and from your test.
- Please do not use public transport.
- Do not visit any shops or other places on the way to or from your test.
- If you have symptoms of Coronavirus, you and your whole household must self-isolate at home until you receive your test results.
- There are stringent measures in place to protect both you and the test centre staff on site.
If you live outside the Torfaen area, there are other testing facilities available. Call 0300 30 31 222 between 8am – 6pm to book.
You can also have a test posted to your home. Apply online on the www.gov.wales website or call 119.